Saturday

Hello Kitty & Happy 6th Birthday Ashlyn & Olivia!!

Ashlyn & Olivia are adorable twins who just turned 6 and who love Hello Kitty.  My little munchkin and my hubby and I attended their birthday party today, with the cake of course.


I'm not sure I've ever seen so many kids under one roof, but I suppose its just a typical twin party for their mom and dad.  The party was a lot of fun (despite the rainy weather) and the cake was a delicious success that made two adorable 6 year olds very happy - what could be better?!?
Ashlyn  & Olivia's cake was full of thin and chunky stripes, whimsical dots, and of course Hello Kitty  and a big bow on top.


The bottom tier was a white almond sour cream cake and the top tier was a chocolate fudge cake.  Both tiers were filled with vanilla buttercream and decorated with fondant dots and stripes.  
Hello Kitty and the bow on top are made from gumpaste and dusted with luster dust.  I'm happy to say that Hello Kitty's emergency whisker surgery late last night worked and there were no falling whiskers today!

  
The cupcakes  were also frosted with vanilla buttercream and decorated with edible sugar pearls that complimented the cake colors.


 
HAPPY 6th BIRTHDAY ASHLYN & OLIVIA!!

No comments:

Post a Comment