Saturday

Chooo Chooooooo Choooooooooooooooooo!!!!!


ALL ABOARD!!!!!  Chooooo Choooooooo  Choooooooooooooo!

Happy Birthday Ramon!

Ramon just turned 5 and much like other little boys his age, he's a fan of Thomas the Train.   We're just getting into the Thomas Stage at my house and when my little guy spotted the train for Ramon's cake, he immediately decided he needed to have it, now.  So, the train went into hiding in an unreachable cabinet with a promise that we'd get another one before the end of the weekend. Crisis averted - phew!

I was SO excited to make this cake and I just love how it turned out!  I hope it brings a big smile and much joy to this special little birthday boy!  

Here are the pics:
Ramon's cake is mostly buttercream, with a few fondant decorations. 

The train tunnel and railroad crossing signs are made from fondant, as are the rolling hills.....











Top view..... clouds.
The apple tree, clouds and grass are all buttercream.

Fondant tunnel, chocolate rocks..... 
Train tracks are drawn onto the cake board....

The cake was decorated all the way around...no real front or back.  Perfect if the birthday boy wants to drive the train around on the tracks for a bit :)


I'm hoping this cake brought a smile to this 5 year old's face on his birthday!  If he loved it as much as I did, I know it certainly did!!

Thomas the Train cake details:  Chocolate cake, cookie-cream filling, vanilla buttercream frosting.

No comments:

Post a Comment