Sunday

Spring Daffodils


Spring has been a bit on the chilly and rainy side this year, but I still love to look out my window to see this...beautiful daffodils in bloom!  They are so gorgeous and make me think SPRING, even if the weather leaves a bit to be desired.  What could be better inspiration for a spring cake than daffodils!?

That is my inspiration......                                                     
This is my cake!
Some pics of the flowers & ladybugs up close...

This is a four layer white almond sour cream cake filled with cannoli cream filling (yep - another cannoli cake!) and frosted with vanilla cornflower blue buttercream.   


The daffodils and leaves are hand made from gumpaste and fondant.   This cake wasn't for a customer, rather I brought it to my husband's family's Easter celebration. I'm happy to say it was a success - earning the "Best Cake Ever" comments from more than one in attendance - yay!



  




Happy Spring!

1 comment: